BVQ's integration into the IBM/Tivoli world
- BVQ and TPC have different emphases and in major fields they are complementary to each other. They also overlap each other in some cases, arising from the integrity of the two products.
- BVQ only supports the IBM storage products SAN Volume Controller SVC and the Storwize family. This reduces the usage complexity and allows an easy installation and operation of the software. BVQ is directly connected to the SVC / Storwize systems and reads the statistical information which is already provided by them. This data is stored in the BVQ database.
- TPC sets its focus on the data center with servers, SAN infrastructure and all storage systems. This allows an end to end view from the storage to server and file system. TPC is working with specialized agents to deliver information from different sources to the TPC database.
- BVQ is specialized for SVC and Storwize and thus provides results which are adjusted for the special needs of these systems.
- TPC is technically focused on availabilities in the SAN and all other components. It allows an end-to-end view of the complete data path.
- BVQ is economically focused on the optimization of storage costs and therefore also inherits an accounting and SLA management module.
- Both products offer performance analysis and monitoring. This overlapping results from the necessary completeness of both products
What are the key benefits to include BVQ into new or existing SVC/Storwize environments
- BVQ is an important tool which helps keeping the virtualized promise of an economic perfectly shaped storage infrastructure.
This is an appreciation of the IBM Storage Systems SVC / Storwize to be better prepared meeting customer expectations in this area.
- BVQ is the performance specialist for SVC and Storwize and provides an incredible variety of indicators and many highly interactive performance analysis instruments.
- BVQ allows the integration of accounting, SLA management the monitoring of advanced copy services, and the integrated monitoring of VMware storage related data.
- BVQ and TCP together provide the best of both worlds. The deep specialization and economic orientation of BVQ enables it to optimize costs, to enhance the stability of the SVC / Storwize services and also the SAN-wide end to end overview of TPC.