DB2 user accounts
At this point, no user action is required if local user management is used.
It is only a description of the adjustments which are done automatically with the next steps.
The specified passwords are not mandatory and can be chosen differently.
During installation several local user accounts and group accounts are created in the Windows system automatically.
DB2 User group
Group with DB2 admin rights
DB2 User group
Group with DB2 user rights
DB2 management server (DB2DAS Windows service runs under this user)
DB2 user (optional)
DB2 standard instance (other DB2 Windows services run under this user)
This User is not used in this installation. The db2admin user runs all services.
At domain logon, users and user groups have to be created in advance as described in active directory domains registration.
Download DB2 installation package
For BVQ version 3.0 and later DB2 version 10.5 FP6 is required.
Visit http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=71&uid=swg27007053 and select DB2 version 10.5 Fix Pack 6.
Choose your operating system and download the DB2 Server Fix Pack.
To download an IBM Fix Pack a login ID is required! (create an account if necessary)
The name of the downloaded files depend on the related version:
For installation of DB2 a user with local administrative rights is required! (The local administrator or a user who is member in the local administrator group.)
Unzip the installation file: v10.5fp6_nt32_server.exe or v10.5fp6_ntx64_server.exe
A target directory is arbitrary and is called in the following text [packagedir].
Afterwards restart the DB2 directory ([packagedir] \ SERVER) setup.exe.
1. Choose 'Install a product'.
2. Scroll down the selection to the product 'DB2 Version 10.5 Fix Pack 6 Workgroup, Enterprise and Advanced Editions'.
3. Use the button below 'Install new'.
4. After start press 'Next'.
5. Read and accept the license agreements and press 'Next'.
6. Choose 'Custom installation'.
7. Choose 'Install IBM DB2 Server Edition on this computer' and press 'Next'.
8. Apply the selections of components as selected in the image and press 'Next'.
9. Chose 'English' (recommended) as the language for the user interface. Then specify the installation path for the DB2 software. Click 'Next'.
Make sure the correct destination drive is selected, if your programs are installed on another partition than C:! The location of the BVQ database is defined during the BVQ installation and may differ from this installation path.
10. Please keep the default name 'DB2COPY1'. Alternatively another name can be used, but not 'BVQ'. Click 'Next'.
11. The DB2 information center contains documents for the DB2 database, which are retrieved from the Web by default (recommended!). To do this, select the point on the IBM website. Then click 'Next'.
12. Please enter a name and password for the DB2 administrator. For a domain login, the user-account which was created in advance has to be used. For more information please see: #Active directory - domain registration. Please click 'Next'.
13. This is where the DB2 instance is listed under which the databases are running. Click 'Next'.
14. Optionally select 'Set up your DB2 server to send notifications' to route DB2 alerts. The sending of messages can also be configured after installation. Click 'Next'.
15. Select 'Enable operating system security' and check the settings of the user groups. At domain logon the appropriate domain and the user groups which were created in advance should be selected. Please see: #Active directory - domain registration. Then click 'Next'.
16. The combined settings are listed for review. If they are correct, click 'Install'.
17. Wait until the installation is finished.
18. When the installation is completed, click 'Next'.
19. Click 'Finish'.
The DB2 installation is now complete.
Import of DB2 OEM license (not necessary for demo environments)
To import the DB2 licence perform the following steps as a database administrator in a DB2 command window
- Save the license file (db2awse_u.lic) in temporary folders [temp].
- Open the commandline window:
Start -> execute -> runas /user:db2admin db2cmd
At domain registration: Start -> execute ->
runas /user:[Domäne]\db2admin db2cmd
runas /user:labdr\db2admin db2cmd
- Add the new licence:
db2licm -a [temp]\db2awse_u.lic
- Reset license compliance information:
- Checking licence:
The line 'Expiry date' should now contain the entry 'Permanent'.
The license file was successfully imported.