Starting with version 3.0 the upgrade from DB2 to version 10.5 FP2 is mandatory.
Please download first this DB2 version from the IBM website and then perform the upgrade. For instructions, please see the following document: DB2 upgrade from version 9.7.4 or higher to 10.5.
Topo persist: DataIntegrityViolationException occurs at V7.3 inactive_unconfigured ports
High DB2 tablespace reads cause high CPU load
Persist: when a transaction timeout is thrown, the topo file isn´t moved into error.
Installer doesn´t delete the old migskripts in the directory
Path browser: text mode: dropdown: selection of the first entry doesn`t change the path
MDisk group: design response time aktuell nach worst latency. Soll: Average
List view: controller / diskType: column 'Disk arrays' always shows '0'
Performance view: NPE appears when all metrics are deselected in the options window
Cluster deletion tool: synthetica license warning: outdated license
Installer: 'Modify TextFileAction failed' message in Windows 8
Show in treemap: tabs which don't allow a 'show in treemap' for the selected object can be selected
Performance view: node port: X-axis scaling for buffer credit wait % always fixed to 100%
Treemap: active invert toggle button is not displayed correctly when aspect is changed
Editors: controller (SVC): merge notice is not shown completely
|IBM PMR 91765,033,724||SVC 184.108.40.206||Severe impairment of the VDisk latency by the SVC CLI command 'lsmdiskextent'. Seen at a cluster with 8 nodes (8G4) under 220.127.116.11. |
Starting with BVQ 2.4.3 this command is not used anymore. Instead command 'Isvdiskextent' is used.
|IBM PMR ?||SVC 18.104.22.168|
Massive accumulation of reaching the SVC limit of 10 simultaneously competitive SSH sessions can trigger a warm restart of the node.
|BVQ-6610||BVQ VMware||Multiple mappings of a VM virtual disk (and/or of different snapshot versions of a single VM) to a VM virtual machine are not supported yet. |
This happens for example with flash copy managers like TSM4VE.
|BVQ-6623||BVQ VMware||Scan and representation snapshots and thier capacities are not yet supported by BVQ. The 'Used Capacity' of a VM Virtual Disk corresponds currently to the 'Used Capacity' of the original VMDK file. |
|IBM PMR ?||SVC Performance Stats|
Starting with version 22.214.171.124 SLAV, PLAV and DLAV refer to the consolidated backend IO sizes of up to 256k. But not the IO-counter for CTRM and CTP, which means that their quotient may be too low by a factor of 8. Therefore, the VDisk below cache metrics SLAV and PLAV cannot be used directly to assess the backend latencies. Also their transaction size is not the same of the backend (max 32k).
However, CTD was adapted to the consolidated IO sizes and provides continuously useful values.
|IBM PMR 192551||SVC 7.3|
Legacy VDisk cache statistics (ctxxxx metrics) may be corrupted. Will be fixed with APAR HU00485
1. TPC cache statistics (for example, number of read hits) for volumes with an ID greater than 2047 may contain invalid values. In particular, these invalid values may cause TPC stats collection to fail with an error message.
2. Regardless of the total number of volumes, it's possible that TPC cache statistics may be recorded with the wrong volume index.
|IBM PMR ?||SVC 7.3|
|Node CPU core stats in many cases =0|
DB schema changes
|126.96.36.199||N/A||Raise schema level|
|188.8.131.52||SVC_NODE_PORT||Column 'ONLINE_STATUS' increased from 10 to 25 characters because of BVQ-8328|
Requirements and restrictions
Requirements of the HW/SW environment
Minimum BVQ version required for an update
DB2 Express V10.5 FP4
|Java Runtime minimum version||184.108.40.206 (Java 1.8 not supported)|
- When configuring a topology scanner interval >30 min an adaptation in a GUI configuration file is necessary, concerning the scanner status checks. In this case please contact BVQ support.
- The Excel format generated by the BVQ Reporting is compatible with the Excel version of 2003 and higher. This is the format 'XML spreadsheet 2003' (please see this Microsoft article for more information).The standard file extension for this format is '.xml'. If it is despite saved with '.xls', a warning message appears when it is openend with Excel.
- License changes only take effect after about 2 hours or after restarting the scanner and scheduler.
- Currently not supported VMware functions:
- Partitioned VM SCSI volumes, whose partitions are assigned to multiple VM datastores.
- VM SCSI volumes whose UUIDs are not unique.
Summary: update steps
- * For an upgrade of BVQ Scanner from version 2.7 to 2.8 or higher should be noted that now a VMware Scanner can exist besides the SVC Scanner. Therefore, it is installed in a new default directory bvq-svc-scanner (previously bvq-scanner). To use the existing scanner configuration again, the update should be proceeded as follows before performing update step 3:
- Stop BVQ Scanner services manually
- Rename directory bvq-scanner in bvq-svc-scanner
- Continue with update step 3.
- Before possibly new functions can be used, a new license file is required.
After the import of the new license the GUI has to be restarted.
- The GUI is delivered with new predefined favorites. Only favorites from User favorites are retained.
We recommend to follow the sequence of update steps shown below.
- Checking for correct function of the environment, in particular function of the scanner.
- Manual stop of BVQ Scanner and Alerting-service, Scheduler-services and also of all GUIs and reporting-clients
- Backup of BVQ installation directory and BVQ DB (e.g. DB offline backup with DB2 CMD)
- Starting again the BVQ Scanner
- Update BVQ Install Package Repository:
- DB Schema update
- BVQ GUI update
- BVQ Reporting Engine update
- BVQ Report Module update
- BVQ SVC Scanner update
- BVQ VMware Scanner update
- BVQ Scheduler update
- BVQ Alerting update
- Performing functional tests
- If necessary inform colleagues about the need to update locally installed BVQ GUI / report clients.