Objekt type 'Drive': various improvements
Topology view: ATS: Perf-aspects IO rate and data rate should also show the rates in TO
Topology view: enable path 'Controller port/MDisk tier'
Performance view: time-favorite: add 'Reset to default'
DB Schema Migration
Load statements in 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206 break at TS pending backup on TSM backed DBs
Object context menu: 'Drive' inactive for MDisk group
Topology view: aspect 'Capacity utilization': IO group & node don't show text overlay as 'CTX of abs'
Modifications in a GUI configuration file, regarding the scanner status checks, are necessary when a topology scanner interval > 30min is configured. Please contact the BVQ support in this case.
|BVQ||BVQ Excel Export|
The Excel-format generated by BVQ Reporting is compatible with Excel Version 2003 and higher.
|BVQ||BVQ Scanner / Scheduler|
New features for scanner or scheduler which were unlocked by a new license file will take effect after about 2 hours or after restart of the corresponding services.
|IBM PMR 91765,033,724||SVC 220.127.116.11||Severe impairment of the VDisk latency by the SVC CLI command 'lsmdiskextent'. Seen at a cluster with 8 nodes (8G4) under 18.104.22.168. |
Starting with BVQ 2.4.3 this command is not used anymore. Instead command 'Isvdiskextent' is used.
Massive accumulation of reaching the SVC limit of 10 simultaneously competitive SSH sessions can trigger a warm restart of the node.
|BVQ-6610||BVQ VMware||Multiple mappings of a VM virtual disk (and/or of different snapshot versions of a single VM) to a VM virtual machine are not supported yet. |
This happens for example with flash copy managers like TSM4VE.
|BVQ-6623||BVQ VMware||Scan and representation snapshots and thier capacities are not yet supported by BVQ. The 'Used Capacity' of a VM Virtual disk corresponds currently to the 'Used Capacity' of the original VMDK file.|
Currently not supported VMware functions:
|IBM PMR ?||SVC Performance Stats|
Starting with version 22.214.171.124 SLAV, PLAV and DLAV refer to the consolidated backend IO sizes of up to 256k. But not the IO-counter for CTRM and CTP, which means that their quotient may be too low by a factor of 8. Therefore, the VDisk below cache metrics SLAV and PLAV cannot be used directly to assess the backend latencies. Also their transaction size is not the same of the backend (max 32k).
However, CTD was adapted to the consolidated IO sizes and provides continuously useful values.
|IBM PMR ?||SVC 7.3|
|Legacy VDisk cache statistics corrupted|
|IBM PMR ?||SVC 7.3|
|Node CPU core stats =0|
|IBM Defect 197194|
SVC 7.3 Performance Stats
|CPT, OPT, APT much too high|
|IBM PMR ?||SVC 7.4 Performace Stats||CPU core COMP (compression) statistics too high (factor ~100).|
|IBM PMR ?||SVC 7.3.0 Performance Stats|
DB schema changes
|126.96.36.199||N/A||* BVQ-9457: Hardened load statement by NONRECOVERABLE|
|188.8.131.52||N/A||* BVQ-9457: Hardened load statement by NONRECOVERABLE|
* Note: Depending on the required DB size of long-term processes, an increased temporary disk space is needed (see below).
Requirements and restrictions
Requirements of the HW/SW environment
Minimum BVQ version required for an update
DB2 advanced workgroup server edition version
|Java Runtime minimum version||184.108.40.206|
Short description of the update steps
Important update notes
- BVQ licence: a new license file may be necessary to use certain new features.
- Temporary disk space: a few updates require the reorganization of the largest tables. Please make sure that at least additional 33% of the currently occupied capacity is available as free capacity in the DB file system. Depending on the DB size such schema migrations can take very long. Nevertheless, no measurement data is lost if the update procedure is kept.
- Permanent disk space: updates which store additional statistics usually need more permanent disk space for the database tables in the DB file system.
- GUI favorites: during some of the GUI updates the predefined favorites are replaced. Possible custom changes will be lost. However, changes in user favorites remain .
- Update DB2 JRE: before installing the BVQ update please upgrade the system with the recommended DB2 and JRE versions.
- If you have problems: if something is going wrong, please contact your BVQ support partner.
- Checking for correct function of the environment, in particular function of the scanner.
- Manual stop of BVQ Scanner and Alerting-service, Scheduler-services and also of all GUIs and reporting-clients
- Backup of BVQ installation directory and BVQ DB (e.g. DB offline backup with DB2 CMD, VMware snapshots)
- Starting again the BVQ Scanner
- Update BVQ Install Package Repository:
- DB Schema update
- BVQ GUI update
- BVQ Reporting Engine update
- BVQ Report Module update
- BVQ SVC Scanner update
- BVQ VMware Scanner update
- BVQ Scheduler update
- BVQ Alerting update
- Performing functional tests
- If necessary inform colleagues about the need to update locally installed BVQ GUI / report clients.